I have to have that this time we really upheld the tradition of starting late and finishing strong. There are still a ton of things I would love to do to this piece but for now I'm happy with the progress I've made. I think it really hit me just how well designed the concept art I chose was halfway through the foliage placement process, where every splash of green added a new burst of joy to the smooth stone background. I hope I was able to capture that popping of colors and the simple vibrancy of the piece, but like I said before, I'll definitely be working on this some more later to push it further.
This blogpost is going to have to be a bit gratuitous since I don't have time to properly explain my entire process and all the pitfalls and mistakes I ran into, so once this piece is done (for real this time), I'll upload that as it's own post.
Hope you enjoy!