Labels

Friday, July 23, 2021

Final Sprint Delivery (VR)

 We've reached the end of our sprints, and from here on out we're polishing and fixing up stuff. For this sprint I did a good amount to make up for some stuff I was behind on, and completed a couple other extra things. For this sprint I handled foliage almost exclusively- in the screenshots below you can see all the plant life that was added to fill up the play space. I positioned it so that it was more recognizable and closer to the movie, and then I messed around with the materials to get a good color going. Once that was done, I was getting some extra shadow information I didn't want, so I decided to "paint" with lighting- a couple very low intensity lights set in a channel analogous to the bushes kept them illuminated and looking healthy while the rest of the scene went untouched by those lights.

Since I was already messing with lighting, I decided to tweak the values and positions of a couple of our lights to bring out the color saturation of the scene a bit more. I also adjusted the skybox so the light coming from it made the sky resemble the last vestiges of a sunset, and tuned down the moonlight to get rid of overly shiny/washed out surfaces. I also turned up the firelight so that it was warmer and reached farther, making the scene feel a bit cozier and more intimate. 

The last changes I had to do were to add flowers and cattails, the last of the vegetation I needed to get through. I gave them a wind node and played around with some colors, but made them small and placed them sparsely to avoid overpopulating the scene. I have a mind to make some color variants for the flowers, but that can come later. 





And that's it! Hope you've liked seeing our project evolve into what it is now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Anatoles Cathedral (3D Art Week 03)