Labels

Saturday, April 3, 2021

VR Project: Final Cave & Set Dressing

 For this week's turn-in, we received feedback for the cave and the set dressing there. I brought back the L shape cave because the feedback centered around the lack of depth in the cave and how empty it looked, therefore adding more space would allow me to fill it up. I moved the rock slide a bit closer so it's visible to the player without turning the corner, and got to work with the assets.


We examined the film closely and found some of the essential objects in the cave were crates and chests. Both of the kids had a mosquito net that they slept in, so I also added that. One last item was a water canteen. I didn't want to populate the scene too much because then it would motivate the player to waste time exploring the interior of the cave, which is not interactable, so I didn't add the rest of the things we saw in the film like books, a bedroll, etc. Once we get some basic texturing in here and test out how it looks, I'll go back and add more stuff if it's necessary.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Anatoles Cathedral (3D Art Week 03)