Labels

Sunday, June 6, 2021

The Silk Road: City Block (3D Art Week 03)

 In keeping with the tradition of starting late and finishing strong, ya boy has met his deadlines for this week (somewhat). The proxy and game res model being done last week, all that was left was to slap this on zbrush and sculpt all the lovely building details my building would need to be. It was a pretty relaxing process but there was a lot of it, and honestly the biggest time sink was renaming and organizing stuff for the bake. I'm in the process of baking at the moment so we're slightly ahead of schedule in that respect, but we made some definite progress in terms of the building's silhouette. 


Look at this lovely outliner. It keeps going for a couple more assets, but you get the point. When I import this into Unreal, it'll all be one nice chunk minus the moveable objects (like the clothes and vines, etc) which I'll attach a wind node to and make it all fancy. 

I have yet to make the foliage sheet, but I don't expect that to take too long. The grand majority of the building is done and only needs texturing, which I have a plan for as well. I'm looking forward to finishing this building and presenting it to you all!


So this is what I have on Zbrush at the moment. It's missing a lot of stuff, like the floor. The reason for this is because I don't need baking information for certain things, and I can just duplicate others if I need to. For example, the staircase tiles, or the wooden door, or the windows up top. Same with the little wooden log pieces on the rooftop, there's no need to make 20 when I can just sculpt one, UV one, and replicate it and flip it around to fool the viewer and save space. Once I'm done baking all this, hopefully I'll have a decent sized texture to plug into Unreal!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Saint Anatoles Cathedral (3D Art Week 03)